Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back at Port Grimaud

Once we got back to Port Grimaud, the owner's two duaghters friends left and we were just left woth the Family. I'd shown their oldest son some insanely crazy magic tricks before his parents came, and once they heard this the whole family wanted to see them. So I blew their mind with the tricks and decided I'd show the youngest kid, Archie, how to do them. He loved them and spent two days walking around with a deck of cards, practicing the tricks and showing everyone them. He pulled them off very well as well for an 8 year old.

The family found out later that I was good at chess, when I killed their oldest son in it, and bought a chess board so that I could teach their youngest son chess and teach the daughters how to play it better. I ended up teaching the cousin's, who are on the sister boat to Chocolat, Hadley G, and the oldest son chess as well, and as I'm writing this I'm busy playing my captain, who is actually pretty good. I just want to point out though that I am still undefeated! lol.

Normally the family eats out for every meal, but lately they've been staying in the boat and eating on the boat. What's awesome is that every time they do this, they invite me the dinner, which is delicious, and give me money to take out the kids to get Haagen Dazs for all of us!! Amazing!! The wife has also made a habit of forcing a beer into my hand after I finish work each day, which I'm not complaining about.

The owner's wife's sister owns another boat in Port Grimaud, Hadley G, with her husband and two kids. The oldest son Harry, who's 20, I get along with very well. The other night the parents had their friends over and ordered two of the biggest seafood platters I'd seen in my life!! So while all the parents and friends were on Chocolat, we were watching movies and chilling out on Hadley. Anyway... getting to the important part, Harry's mom came later with the other seafood platter, which must be worth at least 200 euros, and told us to finish it all. To give you an idea... we couldn't get half the way through the platter... there was crayfich, crab, crab claws, Huge prawns, Two bowls of small prawns, about 50 medium prawns, some weird things that look like snails and some other stuff. Anyway... that was followed by three amazing deserts, one of which come from saint tropez!

Since being back we go out whenever possible, which is almost every day, to Pampelonne, and chill here and play on the jet ski and tender and tubes etc... Then the captain and I chill on the boat while the families go ashore for lunch. So far everything is going amazingly... and my first paycheck of 1500 euros is coming up end of this month!!! YAY!! We off to Cannes and Juan Les Pins for a few days tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment