Sunday, July 4, 2010

My First Job!!!!:):):)

Like I said... the last week or two were pretty much straight partying, and I'd decided to work through the agencies and online, than do the dockwalking. www.angloinfo.com and www.jobonsuperyachts.com were great sites for looking for jobs. However... just like dock walking, I never got responses

One ad however, I saw several people had replied to and pretty much knew it was useless sending in my CV, so I left a message saying if the position was still open and he was interested, he should email me. The next day I got an email from him asking for my CV, which I thought was just luck... so I sent it through and was definitely not expecting the call that night saying I must come for an interview!!

Ok... I did kinda lie a tiny bit and say I was staying near St Tropez... which in fact I was staying a minimum of 3 hours away, but the interview and doing my first day day work, the captain didn't mind, especially since I said I'd happily move into a camp site next door to the boat.

That's pretty much how I got my first job. The boat I'm working on is called CHOCOLAT!!! I know... pretty much the best name you can give a boat!! It's a small boat... 21m, with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, lounge, dining area, kitchen, crew cabin and toilets and a fly bridge with a double bed!. We also have a tender and a jet ski... of which I drive the tender most of the time!:) and the captain is gonna show me how to drive the main boat when the owners get back, which will be awesome!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment